Saturday, April 26, 2008

Left Behind



J left for Costa Rica and Panama On the fifteenth. The past two weeks have given me an even greater respect for single parents. It has been difficult to get much done on the sewing knitting front, as I am exhausted by the time Chloe is tucked in. And I think the past few days has been especially difficult for her as far as missing her daddy and perhaps feeling abandoned. I am doing everything I can to come up with extra fun and educational things to do along with showing her on the calender when daddy gets back. Her response : "Daddy Costa Rica with Poppo, bringing presents." Uh yeah, I hope I get a present too, he gets in the day before my birthday.

I really wish I could have gone, but three weeks away from my child is too much for me, and we sorta slacked on getting her passport in a timely fashion. Plus we are almost strapped for cash. I feel the boat dream slipping away, and am doing my best to not push the issue with J getting back to the corporate world, and not slip into a depression over the whole deal. But, the land in CR is now paid off, the house in Panama is rented to nice tenants, and that feels good.

I love how the neighborhood children play and seem so much happier in Panama than the local kids here in the US.

It's been too long...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noooooo! you can't give up on the dream boat - I still want to meet you in person someday! Suzanne